- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In mixing bowl, cream together shortening, sugar, and egg. Set aside.
- In smaller bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and baking soda. In separate bowl, cut bananas into small pieces and mash with a fork.
- Add bananas to shortening mixture. Stir in flour mixture until well blended. Do not beat with an electric mixer. Batter should be slightly lumpy.
- Spray muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray and fill each muffin spot 2/3 full. Bake 30-32 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.