- 1 cup chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese or neufchatel, room temp
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, room temp
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 6 (1 ounce) squares semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 cup plain Greek or regular yogurt
- 3 (1 ounce) squares semi-sweet chocolate
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoons corn syrup
- Mix together first two ingredients. Press into bottom of well greased 8 in spring form pan. Chill in frig or freezer while you continue recipe
- Beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in melted, cooled chocolate and yogurt.
- Pour into prepared crust.
- Place pan of water on bottom oven rack. Place cheesecake on middle rack of preheated 300 degree oven. Bake 50-60 min, or until edges have pulled away from pan. Resist opening oven door during baking process. Turn off heat, let cake cool with oven door ajar.
- Glaze: in small saucepan, melt last 4 ingredients together. Pour over cooled cheesecake.