Submitted by featured Guest Chef, Elizabeth Becker.
Elizabeth is a student-athlete at NMU training to be an Olympic athlete.
“A great organic meal for any health conscious athlete, as well as a comfort food junkie.” – Elizabeth Becker
- 1 cup butternut or winter squash puree (I use frozen, entirely thawed)
- 2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 8 ounce whole wheat organic high fiber pasta (my favorite are the shells)
- 2 cup sharp cheddar, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon each of garlic powder and parsley
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Cover slow cooker with coconut oil or butter.
- In the slow cooker, whisk together butternut squash puree and almond milk until there are no chunks remaining.
- Add the pasta, cheese, and seasonings and mix until well combined.
- Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours until noodles are soft.