- 1/2 cup bulk sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 2 red delicious apples, pared & cut into 1/2″ cubes
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups light cream or milk
- 1 single deep dish pie crust
- In a large skillet, cook sausage, onion and thyme until sausage is brown and onions tender (about 10 Min.)
- Remove from heat. Drain off excess fat.
- In a bowl toss apples with lemon juice and sugar. Add prepared sausage mixture, cheese, eggs and cream or milk to the apples. Mix well. Pour into pie shell.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 or 45 minutes or until custard is set.
- Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. yield 6 servings.