- 3 pound boneless lamb cut in 1-inch cubes
- 5-6 cups water
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 to 12 medium carrots cut into 1-inch lengths
- 6 shallots cut in half crosswise or 12 tiny onions or equivalent onion chunks
- 6 small potatoes , pared and quartered
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 5 ounces frozen peas
- 3 tablespoon snipped parsley
- Coat meat generously with flour. In large pot, brown meat in hot, light olive oil. Add 4 cups water, garlic, salt, pepper.
- Scrape rue from bottom of pan and sprinkle flour into pot. (I do not measure the flour, but there is generally 1 to 2 tablespoons of flour left from the flouring of the meat.) Cover and simmer 45 minutes or until meat is almost tender.
- Add carrots, shallots or onions, potatoes, basil and 1 to 2 cups water. Bring to almost a boil. Turn down to simmer, cover and cook for 20 minutes or until vegetables are done.
- Add peas and parsley. Cook 5 min. uncovered. Season with salt and pepper.