- 1 3/4 cups boiling water
- 1 cup uncooked oatmeal
- 1 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 stick margarine (1/2 C.)
- 2 large or 3 small eggs
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 3/4 cup walnuts
- 1 12-ounce bag of milk chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Pour boiling water over oatmeal. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Add sugars and margarine. Stir until margarine is melted.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Sift together flour, soda, salt and cocoa. Add to sugar mixture. Mix well. Add half the chocolate chips.
- Pour into greased pan (9 x 13). Sprinkle nuts and remaining chocolate chips on top.
- Bake 35 minutes at 350 degrees.