- 1 packet of yeast, quick or regular
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup dry oatmeal, quick or regular
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour divided in half
- Preheat oven to 375
- Soften yeast in 1/4 cup warm water, set aside.
- Stir together the oats, boiling water, butter, molasses, and salt. Allow to cool slightly.
- Using your electric mixer, beat in 1 egg, then the “poofie” yeast.
- Mix in half of the flour and beat with the mixer for 2 minutes.
- Stir in remaining flour, then spoon into a greased bread pan. Moisten your fingers with water and smooth out the top a little.
- Allow to raise to 1″ over bread pan.
- Bake for 45-60 min or until done. (internal temperature should be 190 degrees)
- Cool 10 min., remove from pan and rub all sides with butter. YUM !!