- 1 cup crushed Ritz crackers
- 1/4 cup melted margarine or butter
- 3 cups thinly sliced Vidalia or other sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- ¼ to ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
- Saute onions in butter until tender but not brown.
- Combine crackers & melted margarine, press into 8” pie plate. Place onions in crust.
- Combine milk, eggs, salt & pepper, pour gently over onions. Top with cheese (I add extra).
- Sprinkle with paprika if desired.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Refrigerate any leftovers.