- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups trail mix (I use a mix of small nuts, raisins, m&m’s)
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups granola cereal (a mix of honey & almond goes well with the trail mix)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix butter and sugars until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and thoroughly mix.
- In a separate bowl, blend together flour, baking powder and soda.
- Add flour mixture to butter and egg mixture and mix until all is combined, but do not over mix.
- Stir in trail mix oats, and granola.
- NOTE: Dough can be refrigerated and baked as needed.
- Use a large cookie scoop (1-5/8″) and shape into balls.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Cookies will double in size.
- Bake 13-15 minutes or until edges of cookies become a light brown color.
- Remove from oven and wait three minutes prior to moving cookies to cooling racks.