- 2 pounds ground beef or venison
- Beef bouillon
- Garlic powder
- 1/2 cup onions, diced or sliced
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup or homemade cream alternative
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
AT TIME OF COOKING:
- Egg Noodles or other pasta
- Brown the ground beef or venison with onion and season with a small amount of beef boullion and garlic powder. Keep the beef in large chunks, as it melds in the slow cooker it will come apart further.
- Set the meat in the fridge to cool down if freezing this recipe. If not freezing, add meat to slow cooker.
- Mix the can of cream of mushroom soup with the 1 tablespoon of worcestershire, 1/4 cup of water, half a block of softened cream cheese, and the seasonings listed above. Taste. Some choose to skip the dill, but I find it adds a zip to the stroganoff that my family loves.
- If freezing this recipe, dump this sauce into a quart size ziplock. If not freezing, add sauce to slow cooker.
- IF FREEZING: Prepare for the freezer by placing the smaller quart size bag of sauce inside a larger gallon size ziplock, labeled with instructions. Add the meat around the smaller bag. I lay the bag flat on the counter, push the meat into an L shape, and make space for the quart size bag of sauce.
- Use the LOW setting on your slow cooker for 6-8 hours.
- Do not add the pasta to the slow cooker. This should be cooked in a pot on the stove right before serving. This meal tastes best when you ladle the stroganoff sauce over fresh noodles, and garnish with chives.