- 2 tablespoons cooking oil (olive or sesame)
- 12 ounces shrimp (raw, tails removed, peeled and deveined)
- 1 tablespoon grated raw ginger root
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 (8-ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
Heat oil in a wok over high heat. Add shrimp and heat until they start to turn pink. Add snow peas, ginger root, and water chestnuts. Sprinkle with five spice powder and cover. When peas are bright green, remove cover. When liquid is almost gone, add marmalade. Stir until dissolved. Serve immediately over cooked rice. Serves 2-3. Cooking time about 10 minutes.