- 2 tablespoons cooking oil (olive or sesame)
- 12 ounces shrimp (raw, tails removed, peeled and deveined)
- 1 tablespoon grated raw ginger root
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 (8-ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
Heat oil in a wok over high heat. Add shrimp and heat until they start to turn pink. Add snow peas, ginger root, and water chestnuts. Sprinkle with five spice powder and cover. When peas are bright green, remove cover. When liquid is almost gone, add marmalade. Stir until dissolved. Serve immediately over cooked rice. Serves 2-3. Cooking time about 10 minutes.
Couldn’t wait to give this recipe a try tonight and it was oh so easy, tasty, and fast! It was so good my college age son had 2 helpings! I used uncooked shrimp so it took a bit longer to cook. I used the five-spice powder for the first time and all I can say is WOW! The anise flavoring really added depth to the dish. We will be eating this again, soon.