- 2 pounds ground chuck, dived into 4 1/2 lb patties
- Lipton Onion Soup Mix (Before creating burger patties, mix ground beef with a packet of Lipton Onion Soup Mix, or your favorite way of seasoning your burgers)
- 4 thick slices of your choice of cheese
- You will need a frying pan, cover and a rack that fits into the pan.
- Place rack into pan, fill with water to just under the rack, cover and heat until steaming.
- After steam begins, place burgers on rack and cover with lid. Cook about 10-12 minutes for medium burgers.
- Remove lid and place cheese on burgers (you may have to lightly scrape off grease from the top of the burger before placing cheese).
- Steam for an additional 30 seconds, or until cheese is melted
- Remove cheeseburgers, and serve on toasted bun with toppings of your liking.