- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 pound Italian link sausage
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 large red pepper, diced
- 1/2 large yellow pepper, diced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 12-14 baby carrots, cut in half
- 2 teaspoon basil
- 2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 can or bottle of beer
- 1 bag fresh spinach, chopped
- 3 jars marinara sauce of your choice
- Use a large stock pot or Dutch oven.
- Remove casing on sausage and slice into bite-size pieces.
- Brown ground beef and sausage in a pan of olive oil.
- Add next 6 ingredients and cook until onions are soft.
- Add seasonings.
- Add beer and bring to a boil.
- Add the spinach and marinara sauce.
- Simmer for an hour to 1 1/2 hour.
- Serve over your choice of pasta.