- 1 pound ground beef
- 1-2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 can (4.5-ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (14 3/4-ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Toppings: shredded lettuce, sour cream, diced tomatoes, etc.
- Brown beef in large skillet, remove from heat. Drain; stir in seasoning mix, green onion and chiles.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs, corn, milk and oil. Stir in cornmeal, flour, baking powder and salt. Mix well and pour half of the batter into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Sprinkle with 1 and 1/2 cups cheese. Top with beef mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Top with remaining batter.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 F for 50-60 minutes. Cut into squares, serve warm with desired toppings. Yield: 12 servings.
This is one everyone loved
We made it for a neighbor as well and they asked for the recipe