- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 c.upsall-purpose flour
- 2 cups (21 ounces each) cherry pie filling
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar and salt until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in both extracts.
- Gradually add flour.
- Spread 3 cups dough into a greased 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan.
- Spread with pie filling.
- Drop remaining dough by teaspoonfuls over filling.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, mix confectioners’ sugar, extracts and enough milk to reach desired consistency. Drizzle over top.