- 6 cups cherry pie filling
- 2 1/2 cups honey graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups thawed whipped topping
- 3.4-ounce instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups cold milk
Cherry Pie Filling (or use 2 – 21 oz cans of filling)
- 6 cups fresh pitted cherries (3 pounds)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract, optional
Cherry Pie Filling Directions
- Combine cherries, water, lemon juice, sugar and cornstarch in saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and cook, stirring frequently, for 12 minutes.
- Stir in almond extract if using.
- Allow to cool completely before finishing recipe. Filling can be made the day before and refrigerated.
- Melt butter and combine with sugar and graham cracker crumbs.
- Prepare pudding with milk as directions indicate; let stand 5 minutes, then gently fold in whipped topping.
- Use a 2-quart glass bowl or 9×13 pan, spread a layer of graham cracker mixture in the bottom.
- Spread half of the pudding mixture over graham crackers.
- Spread all of cherry pie filling over the pudding mixture.
- Spread remaining pudding mixture over cherries.
- Sprinkle remaining cracker mixture on top.
- Cover and chill for at least 3 hours before serving.