- 4 cups butternut squash peeled and cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 1 small red onion cut in 1/2 inch wedges
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed
- 1/3 cup dried apricots, snipped into small pieces
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups chicken cut up
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Toss squash and onion with oil and curry powder. Roast for 20 minutes.
- Combine roasted vegetables, broth, beans and apricots in a pot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer covered for 10 minutes.
- Blend half of the hot soup in blender until smooth, then combine with remaining soup and reheat.
- Toss walnuts with some oil and nutmeg, then toast.
- Serve soup with walnuts and cut up chicken on top.