- 3-4 pounds frying chicken pieces
- 1/3 cup seasoned flour
- 1/4 cup butter or olive oil
- 1 can (10 1/2 ounce) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 1/2 tablespoons grated onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- dash of pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon celery flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon thyme
- 1 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/3 cup minute rice
- Roll chicken in flour & brown in olive oil.
- Remove chicken & stir in soup seasonings & broth. Cook & stir to a boil.
- Spread minute rice in 1 3/4 qt shallow casserole, saving 1/3 cup.
- Pour soup mix over rice stir to moisten. Top with chicken & rest of soup mixture. Bake covered at 375 degrees for 30 minutes or until tender. Serves 4