- 1/2 c. molasses
- 1/2 c. hot water
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1 1/2 c. flour
- 2 t. baking soda
- 2 c. raw cranberries
- 1/2 c. butter
- 1 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. cream
- 1/2 t. vanilla
- Mix together molasses, hot water and vanilla.
- Sift flour and soda together.
- Add molasses mixture to the sifted flour and mix.
- Add the two cups of raw cranberries.
- Bake at 350 in a greased 9 inch pie pan for 25-45 minutes. Test with a toothpick. Let cool.
- Put butter, sugar, cream in the top of a double boiler and heat until the sugar dissolves. Add the vanilla.
- Cut the pie/pudding into 6 or 8 wedges. Serve with the hot butter sauce on top.