- 1 package of cream cheese (cut into 1 inch cubes)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 2 carrots (chopped)
- 1 celery stalk (chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Melt butter in soup pot. Add chopped onions and saute for 2 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Add chopped celery and carrots and saute for an additional 2 minutes. Add chicken and chicken broth to vegetables. Continue to cook soup on medium heat.
- To make the cream cheese dumplings you will need either a food processor or a bowl and mixer. Combine the eggs, cubed cream cheese, flour and mix until smooth.
- When the broth in the soup pot is near a boil, reduce heat to low. Dip a large metal spoon into the pot to get the spoon hot. Remove about half a spoonful of the dumpling mixture and dunk the spoon into the soup, wiggle the spoon until the dumpling releases. Repeat this step until all the dumplings are in the pot. Allow the last dumplings to cook 2 minutes per side.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve and Enjoy