- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- 2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups fruit: blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, Apricots, Peaches, etc.
- 1 cup or less of sugar
- Melt butter in 10 inch baking dish.
- Mix flour, 1 cup of sugar, baking powder, then add milk and mix together.
- Spoon mixture over melted butter.
- Heat fresh or canned fruit with 1 cup of sugar, using less sugar if fruit is canned.
- Pour the fruit mixture over dough.
- Bake in oven at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes until crust is golden brown; crust will rise to the top.
- Serve warm or cold, if any lasts that long!
I just put this dish in the oven. I did notice the cup of sugar for the dough is missing from the recipe in Country Lines Magazine. I did add some sugar but not enough, hope my cobbler is still good. Can’t wait!
Mine was a flop. I doubled the recipe and substituted coffee creamer for the milk because I had no milk. The melted butter just sat on the top of the cobbler. It must have been the creamer I can’t imagine I rechecked all the ingredients. My granddaughter and I were very disappointed looking forward to blackberry cobbler tonight .