- 1 can (10-ounce) green enchilada sauce
- 1 can white beans
- 2 cans black beans
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts
- 2 cans (4-ounces each) diced fire-roasted green chiles
- 1 can (10.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth/stock
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Toppings of choice ( pepper jack cheese, sour cream, limes)
- Add green enchilada sauce, drained white and black beans, and chicken into a large crockpot.
- Add undrained fire-roasted green chilies, diced tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt, pepper, chopped cilantro, and chicken stock/broth.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-7 hours or on high for 3-5 hours, or until chicken easily shreds.
- Remove chicken from crockpot and place into another bowl. Add softened cream cheese to the crockpot.
- Cover and cook on high for an additional 30 minutes or until the cream cheese has melted. Whisk to ensure all ingredients are combined.
- Shred chicken with a fork and add back into the soup.
- Serve immediately. Add any additional toppings!