- 1 (10-ounce) can green enchilada sauce
- 1 (15-ounce) can white beans, drained
- 2 (15-ounce) cans black beans, drained
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts
- 2 (4-ounce) cans diced fire-roasted green chiles
- 1 (10.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, optional
- 2 cups chicken broth/stock
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- Toppings of choice: pepper jack cheese, sour cream, limes, etc.
Add green enchilada sauce, white and black beans, and chicken into a large crockpot. Add undrained fire-roasted green chilies, diced tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt, pepper, chopped cilantro, and chicken stock/broth. Cover and cook on low for 5-7 hours or on high for 3-5 hours, or until chicken easily shreds. Remove chicken from crockpot and place into another bowl. Add softened cream cheese to the crockpot. Cover and cook on high for an additional 30 minutes or until the cream cheese has melted. Whisk to ensure all ingredients are combined. Shred chicken with a fork and add back into the soup. Serve immediately. Add any additional toppings.