- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup soft butter
- 1 cup light-brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups raw quick-cooking oats
- 3 1/2 ounces flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly grease cookie sheets.
- Sift flour with baking soda and salt; set aside.
- Beat together butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Add flour mixture until well combined.
- Stir in oats and coconut until well blended to make a stiff dough.
- Drop by slightly rounded teaspoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake 12-15 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.