- 3-3.5 pound boneless pork sirloin tip roast/boneless pork loin roast
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder, divided
- 4 tablespoons curry hot spices (Kashat)*
- 2 tablespoons poultry seasoning
- salt and white pepper
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cayenne red pepper*
- 1/2 diced large sweet white onion
- 12+ baby carrots, cut in half
- 1 jalapeño pepper cut to liking (I slice in 1/2, then cut up)*
- 2 stalks celery, cut in small chunks
- jar of beef gravy
HOW TO MAKE THIS PORK SIRLOIN ROAST
- Preheat oven to 230 F.
- Sprinkle pork with 1 tablespoon garlic. Combine the curry, poultry, and cayenne seasoning in a small bowl and mix. Sprinkle mixture onto all sides of the pork. Season with salt and white pepper. Pat meat to gently rub everything in. Wash hands.
- Heat oil in a 9″-10″ cast iron (or oven-proof) skillet or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Brown roast on all sides then remove to a plate and set aside.
- Add onions, carrots, jalapeño, and celery to pan and sauté, stirring occasionally, until vegetables begin to brown. Add remaining 1 tablespoon garlic powder and the beef gravy. Deglaze pan by adding splash of water to empty beef gravy jar and pour into pan. Cook 2 more minutes.
- Place roast on top of vegetable/gravy mixture. Insert an oven-safe instant read thermometer into the thickest part of the meat and place in center of oven. Or check temperature after 2 hours.
- Cook until an instant read thermometer’s internal temperature reaches 145 F (about 2.5 hours). Bump up temperature to 260 F if not at 145 F after 2 hours for 10 min. and recheck temperature. Remove roast from oven when 145 F and tent with foil. Allow to rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving with vegetables and gravy over top.
- Don’t be afraid of the low temperature; it keeps the roast moist and tender…
- Adjust spice/heat to individual preference.
- Serve immediately with carrots and gravy.
- * = Hot spice