- 1 (16-ounce) box whole wheat ziti (penne or mostaccioli pasta are ok too)
- 1 pound turkey Italian sausage (links or bulk)
- 1 (16-ounce) jar Alfredo pasta sauce
- 1 (24-ounce) jar tomato pasta sauce
- 6 ounces fresh grated parmesan cheese (or more if desired)
- fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Once the pasta is al dente, remove pan from stove and let sit for 3 minutes before draining to enhance tenderness.)
- Meanwhile cook turkey Italian sausage in fry pan until no longer pink. Drain access fat (if using links, either slice into 1/2 inch pieces before cooking or remove casings and break up into crumbles while cooking.
- Put cooked/drained pasta back in cooking pan and add Alfredo sauce. Mix thoroughly and pour into a lightly greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish or pan.
- Add tomato pasta sauce to cooked turkey Italian sausage in fry pan. Stir until combined.
- Pour tomato sauce /sausage mixture on top of pasta in baking pan.
- Sprinkle top with the fresh parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 F for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.
This recipe will serve at least 6 – 8 people. For a smaller version of recipe that will serve 2-4, cut ingredients in half using only half of the jars of the sauces. Place leftover sauces in two small freezer bags or containers and freeze to use when making the recipe again.