- 1 (16-ounce) package rotini pasta
- 2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 colored bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large cucumber, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 (16-ounce) bottle Italian-style salad dressing
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons salad seasoning, store bought or homemade (see below)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon poppy seed
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Stir all salad seasoning ingredients together in bowl and store in an air-tight container.
- Bring 4 quarts of water to a rapid boil (2 teaspoons of salt can be added, optional).
- Add rotini pasta. Return water to rapid boil and cook uncovered, stirring frequently, for about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Drain rotini pasta. Rinse in cold water.
- Combine cooked rotini pasta with tomatoes, bell pepper, cucumber, red onion, salad seasoning, Parmesan cheese and 1/2 of Italian salad dressing. Add more dressing if desired.
- Cover and chill. Toss salad before serving.
- Can be made the night before and stored in refrigerator.