- 1 pound ground turkey or beef, browned and drained
- 1 envelop taco seasoning
- 2 boxes Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 cup (or more, to taste) Mexican or taco-flavored shredded cheese
Suggested toppings: Sour cream, shredded lettuce, fresh or jar salsa.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Brown and drain meat; mix with taco seasoning packet following directions on packet.
- Evenly spread the taco meat in the bottom of a greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Evenly distribute the shredded cheese over the meat.
- Mix the Jiffy mixes according to the box directions for Johnny Cake. The batter is thick. Carefully spoon the batter over the meat and cheese and gently spread to cover.
- Bake until the cornbread is golden, 15 to 20 minutes
- Slice in to serving sizes. Serve immediately with assorted toppings.