- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (1/4 teaspoon for spicier version!)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large onion
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper (or pre-chopped store packaged bell peppers, found in produce section)
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- tortillas of choice, OR over lettuce
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Mix all fajita seasoning spices (chili powder, smoked paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, cayenne pepper, sugar, and salt) together in small bowl and set aside.
- Chop onion and bell peppers (unless bought pre-chopped) into 1/2 squares or 1/4 inch wide strips. Place in 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Rinse chicken breast and cut into thin strips. Add to dish with vegetables.
- Add vegetable oil to vegetables and chicken; toss. Sprinkle fajita seasoning over mixture and toss again!
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes. Stir together after the first 20 minutes and continue cooking for another 20 minutes.
- Serve hot on your choice of prepared tortillas or eat over a bed of lettuce. Top with sour cream, cheese, hot sauce, and even a sprinkle of lime if you wish!