- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 pound round steak cut in 3×1/2 inch strips
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon sherry
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2-4 large tomatoes cut into 8ths
- 1-2 green peppers sliced into strips
- 4 green onions coarse chopped
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Heat oil and sauté onion. Add beef and garlic stir and cook 1-2 minutes.
- Put in sprayed crock pot. Stir in liquid and seasonings (may need more broth)
- Cover and cook 6 hrs on low.
- Add tomatoes and green peppers and cook for an hour.
- Mix together soy sauce, water and cornstarch, add to beef and veggies and cook and stir until thickened. Stir in 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil.
Serve over rice and garnish with chopped green onion.