- 8 to 10 slices of Italian or French bread, buttered on both sides
- 6 eggs
- 4 cups of half and half (I use a non-fat)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Mix together eggs, half and half, sugar, vanilla extract and nutmeg.
- Spray a 9×13 cake pan with cooking oil.
- Place buttered bread in pan and pour mixture over the bread. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, bake at 350 degrees for an hour. (I usually keep it covered with foil for the first 45 minutes of baking then remove the cover and continue baking until custard is set).
- Remove and recover with foil for about 20 minutes before cutting to serve