- 1 large bag sweet mini peppers (2-pound bag)
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 pound package bacon, cooked and chopped (or pre-cooked bacon)
- 2-3 jalapeños, finely diced
- 1 1/2 cups finely shredded sharp cheddar or pepper jack cheese
- Remove the cream cheese from the fridge and let it sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes. This will make it easier to mix with the other ingredients later.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon until crispy (or, buy already cooked bacon).
- While the bacon is cooking, cut the tops off of the mini peppers and clean out the seeds. You can also take this time to finely dice the jalapeños and shred the cheese if you haven’t already.
- Once the bacon is done and cooled a bit, use a large knife to chop it into small bits.
- In a medium to large bowl, use a spoon to mix together all of your ingredients except for the mini peppers.
- Use a small spoon or mini spatula to stuff the mini peppers with the mixture.
- If you have time, the sweet mini peppers are even better grilled for a few minutes before they are stuffed.
- This recipe can be made the night before so that there’s less stress the day you’re ready to party.
- You can change up the ingredients, depending on how spicy (or not) you want to make the filling mixture, etc. Sometimes, I use jalapeños from a jar of giardiniera, plus 1 tablespoon of oil from the jar.
- I use Four-cheese Mexican blend fine shredded cheese.
- I cut the peppers in half lengthwise, because they go farther for a large crowd, and I like the look of the pepper with the stem still on it, they’re also easier to pick up!