- 2 cans (8 ounces) crescent rolls
- 2 tubs (8 ounces) soft cream cheese
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 cups rhubarb cut in 1 in. pieces
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- To create the rhubarb filling, simmer your water, add the granulated sugar, cornstarch and rhubarb. Mix and let cool for 1 hour. (You can substitute any pie filling for this recipe.)
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 13×9 inch baking pan and unroll 1 package of crescent rolls and gently press onto the bottom of the pan. Do not cover the sides with crescent roll dough.
- Bake crescent roll dough for 10 minutes, then remove from oven.
- Beat together cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla and the egg white until well mixed. Spread this over your cooked crescent rolls. Pour your rhubarb filling over this.
- Unroll your second can of crescent rolls and place them over your filling.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until lightly golden brown.
- If adding icing, mix together milk and powdered sugar, then drizzle over top of the pastries.
- Enjoy warm or cold!