- 1 (16 ounce) can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (non-flaky)
- 4 mozzarella cheese sticks (cut into 6) OR 24 mini mozzarella balls
- 2 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh parmesan, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped (or 1 1/2 teaspoons dry)
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- kosher salt, to taste (I use 1/2 teaspoon)
- Preheat oven to 400º F and lightly grease 2 mini-muffin tins or 1 large baking sheet with butter or non-stick spray.
- Take refrigerated biscuits and cut each one in thirds, then roll each piece out until it’s 1/4 – 1/8 inch thick. I use parchment paper and place pieces between and roll.
- Place one mozzarella ball on the edge of your dough strip and roll dough over the cheese until it wraps over itself. Seal any openings in seams with your fingers.
- Repeat with remaining dough bombs and transfer to greased muffin tin(s) or baking sheet.
- In a microwaveable bowl, combine butter with minced garlic and microwave until melted (30-45 seconds).
- In a large bowl, whisk together melted butter/garlic, parmesan, parsley, Italian seasoning and salt, then dip them individually in the mixture and place them in the muffin tins.
- Place tins in oven and bake for 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove garlic bombs from oven and serve immediately.****
**** I make these a day before up to baking and refrigerate them until I am ready to bake them right before the tailgate. I place them in an aluminum pan and cover with foil to keep them warm.