- 1 cup softened butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 & 1/2 cups flour
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Gradually knead in flour until well blended.
- Place in 9 inch ungreased cake pan and roll or press dough in until smooth.
- Press the tines of a fork around the edges and prick the middle of the dough.
- Bake at 350 F for 10 minutes. Turn down oven to 300 F and bake for 50 minutes until nicely browned.
- Run a knife around edge to prevent cookies sticking to pan. Cut into short little squares immediately before cookies harden up.