- yeast, 1 pack (2 and 1/4 teaspoons)
- 1 cup warm water 105-115°
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
Dissolve yeast in warm water in a medium sized bowl, let stand for 5 minutes. Then add remaining ingredients. Stir vigorously for 2 minutes, then let rest for 5 minutes. Preheat oven to 425 degrees and grease 2 cookie sheets or 2 12-inch pizza pan place rack in lowest position in oven. Divide dough in half. Pat each half into 11-inch circle on cookie sheet with floured hands. Sprinkle crust with mozzarella cheese spoon tomato sauce mixture over cheese top with your favorite toppings. And bake one pizza at a time for 15 to 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
Pizza Sauce Recipe:
- 24 ounces of pureed tomatoes (or 1 quart jar)
- 3 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 clove of garlic.(we love garlic 1 add 2 teaspoons minced)
- 2 Tablespoons of brown sugar, it cuts the acid
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- I put all of these ingredients into a sauce pan, bring to a boil then turn down to simmer while I make my dough. You will have small amount of sauce leftover, for dipping your crust in, or any reheated pizza tomorrow.
- Add cheese. Our choices of toppings vary from ground sausage, ground venison, ground Turkey (cook these thoroughly), onions-any color, peppers, olives, pineapple, etc.
- If using many toppings, go lightly until you have applied them all, otherwise you will have a soggy crust. Experiment with your favorite toppings, and enjoy.