8 oz elbow macaroni
1 (7-8 ounce) jar basil pesto (homemade pesto preferred; recipe below)
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
2 (15-ounce) cans garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 (5-ounce) bag arugula, about 3 cups
2 ounces Parmesan-Reggiano, finely shaved
1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2 cups packed basil leaves
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
2. Mix pesto, vinegar and salt and stir into pasta. Add beans, arugula, and half of the cheese and pine nuts.
3. Serve or chill up to 6 hours. Top with remaining cheese and pine nuts before serving.