- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup sweet cooking rice wine (not rice wine vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse grind black pepper
- 1 pound top sirloin or round steak, 1″ thick, partially frozen
- small bite-sized pieces of kabob type vegetables (mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, peppers, etc)
- 6″ bamboo skewers, soaked in water
- Combine first 5 ingredients in small saucepan. Over low heat, dissolve sugar.
- Slice beef into thin 4″ long strips and put in bowl; add vegetables and marinade. Toss to coat.
- Marinate 20 minutes.
- Drain marinade back into saucepan. Bring to boil and reduce by half.
- Wrap beef strips around vegetables and thread onto skewers.
- Grill over medium heat 3-4 minutes per side.
- Serve, drizzled with marinade.