- 1 1/2 cups Ritz cracker crumbs (about 34 crackers)
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 5 tablespoons. melted butter
- 2-quart vanilla ice cream (½ gallon)
- 1-quart lime sherbet
- 4 tablespoons lime or lemon juice
- 2/3 cups sugar
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 6 tablespoons butter
- Mix cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter; press into 9×13 inch pan. Chill.
- Soften ice cream and sherbet enough to mix well and spread over crust. Freeze.
- Mix topping ingredients in a heavy saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat until thick. Cool Completely.
- Spread the topping on the ice cream. Keep frozen.
Note: This can also be made with orange sherbet and orange juice in the place of lime sherbet and lime juice.