- 1 head bibb lettuce (about 8 ounces total), washed and dried well
- 1 head red leaf lettuce (about 12 ounces total), washed and dried well
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 12 rings red onion, each about 1/4-inch thick
- 3 tablespoons chopped English walnuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup dried tart cherries
- 3 tablespoons tart cherry preserves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a medium bowl, tear lettuce into bite size pieces, then add cheese, onion, nuts and cherries.
- In a small lidded jar, combine remaining ingredients and shake until emulsified.
- Toss salad with dressing and serve.