- 1 cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon spearmint extract
- 2 ½ cups all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup granulated sugar (for dipping)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and coat a baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar together until light and fluffy, about 1 to 2 minutes. Add in the egg, vanilla extract, and spearmint extract; beat until combined.
- Add in flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix until just combined, making sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl every now and again.
- Roll dough into 1″ balls, and roll in sugar.
- Place on baking sheet, about 2″ apart. Bake for 12-13 minutes, or until cookies have set.
- Allow to cool.
- Enjoy you freshly baked minty sugar cookies!