- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup onion
- 2 cups broccoli, 1 inch florets and thinly sliced stems
- 1 red pepper, ½-inch slices
- 8 ounces cremini/baby bella mushrooms, quartered
- 2 tablespoons dry basil
- 14 ounces package extra firm tofu, drained & cut into ½-inch cubes
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ground cayenne pepper, optional
- Heat large, non-stick pan over medium heat. Add oil. Then onion, pepper, broccoli and pinch of salt. Cook 3-4 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and basil. Cook 3-4 mins.
- Thoroughly mix tofu, turmeric, black pepper, ½ teaspoon salt and small sprinkle of cayenne pepper in a bowl.
- Add tofu mix to pan. Cook 7-8 mins until tofu is lightly browned.