- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 12 slices French or Italian bread
- 6 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- In a small saucepan, combine 1 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup butter and 2 tablespoons corn syrup. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly till thickened.
- Pour sauce into 9×13″ baking dish (sprayed with non-stick spray) and sprinkle with 1/2 c. pecans.
- Place 6 slices of bread on top of the sauce, sprinkle with remaining pecans and cover with remaining 6 slices of bread.
- Combine eggs, milk, vanilla, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt in a blender. Blend to combine. Pour egg mixture evenly over bread slices.
- Cover baking dish and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- The next morning, preheat oven to 350 F. Remove French toast from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake in preheated oven for 40-45 minutes, until lightly browned.
- In a small saucepan, combine Caramel Sauce ingredients: 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup butter and 1 tablespoon corn syrup. Cook until thickened, stirring constantly. Drizzle over French toast right before serving.