- 6 pieces Texas Toast
- 5 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pint strawberries
- 12 ounce blueberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- The night before, place the Texas toast in a 9×13 pan.
- In a small bowl combine eggs, milk, baking powder and vanilla extract. Pour mixture over bread.
- In a separate bowl, slice strawberries and pour 1/2 cup sugar on them.
- Cover french toast and strawberries and refrigerate over night.
- In the morning, preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a bowl, combine blueberries, sugar and apple pie spice.
- Put Texas toast in another 9×13 pan. (Note: you must use another pan to prevent sticking)
- Top with blueberry mixture.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
This recipe makes its own sauce but it can be served with maple syrup.