- 1 lb. bacon, cut up
- 4 c. chicken broth
- 2 – 14.5-oz. cans Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 1 med. onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced (or more, if desired)
- 1/2 t. crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 16 oz. box uncooked linguine pasta
- 4 ozs. cream cheese
- 5 ozs. parmesan cheese, shredded
- Cut bacon into 1-inch pieces and fry; remove from skillet.
- Put approximately 1 T. of bacon grease in a pot.
- Add minced garlic and pepper flakes; cook for 10-20 seconds. Add onion; cook 2-3 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Add broth, diced tomatoes and about a handful of fried bacon pieces, reserving the rest for later.
- Add uncooked pasta, simmer for 9-10 minutes stirring occasionally, covered, or until pasta is cooked.
- Mix in the cream cheese until blended well with the pasta and the sauce is thickened.
- Serve and top with some bacon and shredded Parmesan.
- This is great for 2 nights; for the second night, top the remaining pasta with mozzarella and/or Parmesan cheese and bake at 350° until heated through and cheese is melted. Top with cooked bacon.