- 5 cups water
- 4 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 cup carrots, minced
- 1 cup celery, minced
- 1 cup onion, minced
- 5 cups cubed potatoes (or hash browns) – can be frozen or fresh
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 to 1/2 pound Velveeta block cheese
- In a 5 quart stock pot, mix all ingredients except cream of chicken soup and cheese.
- Cook on medium heat until contents start to soften (but not too soft).
- Add the can of cream of chicken soup.
- Let cook and stir occasionally until soup begins to boil.
- Stir in cheese, and cook until it melts.
- Serve and season to taste.
Note: you can double the recipe and freeze some.