- 1 cup cup whole-wheat flour
- 3/4 cup wheat germ
3/4 cup cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon teaspoon salt
- 1 cup canned pure pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup seedless raisins, soaked in hot water & drained, if desired
1. Heat oven to 400 F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, wheat bran, granulated sugar, cinnamon, baking
powder, baking soda, and salt.
3. In a separate large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, eggs, buttermilk, and oil.
4. Fold the pumpkin mixture into the flour mixture just until combined. Fold in raisins if desired.
Divide the batter among the lined muffin cups (about 1/3 cup each).
5. Bake until a wooden pick inserted into the middle comes out clean, 15-25 minutes.