As featured in Michigan Country Lines magazine, Julie Calley is a wife, mother and devoted public servant. Of course, she’s also married to the lieutenant governor of Michigan, Brian Calley, and her career takes her to Lansing as the representative for the 87th District in the state’s House of Representatives. If you’re as busy as Rep. Julie Calley, you’ll appreciate this simple, but scrumptious, pie recipe that’s a favorite in the Calley home.
- 1 pie crust, store bought or homemade
- 1 3.4-ounce package vanilla instant pudding
- 2 cups milk
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 3-ounce package raspberry Jell-O
- 1 cup boiling water • 9 ounces fresh raspberries
- ¼ cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Prepare and bake pie shell for open face pie. Let the pie shell cool.
- Combine pudding, milk, cream cheese and almond extract. Beat for 2 minutes.
- Pour into pie shell and chill until firm.
- Mix Jell-O with boiling water and chill until partially set. Gently stir in the raspberries and nuts. Pour over vanilla filling and chill until set.