Crispy Parmesan Potatoes
Servings 4-5 people
- 1 ½ pounds baby potatoes, halved (20-24 potatoes)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon melted butter, for drizzling
- sprinkle of sea salt
- ½ cup grated parmesan (the sand-like type)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder (or onion powder)
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano or thyme
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon coarse black pepper
- ¾ cup sour cream or plain yogurt, or a combination of both
- ¼ cup finely chopped green onions or chives
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Mix all of the ingredients for the ‘Parmesan Mixture’ in a bowl.
- Drizzle oil in 9×13 glass baking dish. Tilt dish to spread all over the base.
- Use a spoon to scatter the Parmesan Mixture over the base. Spread as evenly as you can. Once sprinkled, do not touch or try to spread.
- Place halved potatoes, cut side down, on top of parmesan, pressing firmly.
- Drizzle top of potatoes with melted butter (or spray with butter spray), then sprinkle with salt.
- Bake potatoes for 35-40 minutes or until they are soft and the parmesan crust is deep golden. (you can check through the bottom of the glass)
- Let rest for 5 minutes. Use a small spatula to cut between every 4-5 potatoes, cutting through the parmesan crust which bonds. Serve cheese side up.
- Mix dipping sauce ingredients together and serve with potatoes (optional).