- 1 ground pork sausage
- 3-4 hard boiled eggs – peeled
- 3 eggs (raw, not boiled)
- 1/2 cup flour in separate bowl
- salt/pepper to taste
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- shortening, heated
- Mix your salt and pepper with the 1/2 cup of flour.
- Peel your boiled eggs, then roll in the flour and salt and pepper mixture.
- Pat sausage out into 4-6 equal, patties and encase each egg evenly in sausage patty.
- Beat your three raw eggs together in a separate bowl, then dip the sausage encased egg in the beaten egg mixture.
- Roll the egg in bread crumbs until well coated
- Drop gently into heated oil and turn slowly as sausage browns all the way through.
- This is traditional fare in the U.K., eaten hot or cold, so do either!