- 1/3 cup table salt
- 1/3 cup paprika
- 1/4 cup garlic powder
- 1/4 cup freshly ground white or black pepper
- 3 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano or winter savory
- Thoroughly combine all ingredients in a blender, food processor, or mixing bowl, and pour the mixture into an airtight container. It will keep indefinitely.
- When preparing seafood, liberally sprinkle the seasoning on the entire piece of fish, on both sides, and gently rub into fish. Then bake at 350, broil, or fry in a pan until fish is opaque and flakes easily with a fork.